Tea is classified as a food item and subject to Government of Canada health and safety regulations cannot be returned once delivered or shipped to a customer.
Returns and Exchanges
While tea products are excluded, The Tea Brewery does accept returns and exchanges on most regular-priced teaware and accessories . . . under the following conditions:
- To qualify for refund or exchange, eligible returns must be processed within 30 days of purchase. We cannot offer a refund or exchange after 30 days.
- Returned items must be unused, in the original packaging and in the same condition as when purchased.
- To qualify for replacement, items must be shown to be defective or damaged on initial delivery from The Tea Brewery.
- To process any refund or exchange, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Tea in bags, tins or gift packs (see important note above).
- Books and CDs that have been opened.
- Gift cards and certificates.
- Sale-priced items. Only regular-priced items may qualify.
- Shipping costs.
We suggest you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your request for refund or exchange to ensure eligibility before returning the product to us with proof of purchase. Since shipping costs are your responsibility (and non-refundable), this heads-up will help prevent any unnecessary expenditures.
Next, return the product to The Tea Brewery, 503 Main Street, P.O. Box 561, Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada B0J 2E0. If shipping a product valued at more than $75.00, we recommend using a trackable shipping service and/or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned product.
Upon receipt and inspection, we will notify you with the return or exchange status. If your return is approved, a credit will be applied to your credit card (or original method of payment) within 30 days.